1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Pleco!! Some catfish are adaptable too

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
..maybe a raphael cat or a common pleco..and i say maybe caus eyou never know when your p's might think of them as dinner

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
there is no such fish - no fish are safe from piranhas, not even other piranhas!

but commenly used are plecos and talking catfish (raphael cats)

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Yup, both raphael cats and pleco's are very suitable.
If you want a prehistoric-looking beast, go for pleco's. If yu want a fish that craps less than it eats, get a raphael cat.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
Innes hook me up with a pic of a rapheal cat ,but yeah plecos get the job done.

·
18,504 Posts
I tried Rafael Catfishes before to get rid of my sanil prob too. They got eatten, but my Plecos still standing strong!!

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
I want one of those how much do they run for?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Both of the Raphael catfishes (spotted and striped) are pretty common and cheap, they should carry them at your local chain fish/pet store. Last time I checked the spotted Raphaels were about $5 and the stripeds ones are about $7.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
they do spend all their time with their heads stuck in rocks

·
18,504 Posts
Hmm.. I dont think I've ever seen Rafael Catfhises in my area (either that or I havent noticed), but it would look better having a new kind of fish.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Hmm.. I dont think I've ever seen Rafael Catfhises in my area (either that or I havent noticed), but it would look better having a new kind of fish.
look in the rocks at the fish shop - you might be suprised

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Bristle-nose plecs are the way to go... far superior to lazy ass common plecs. They eat like its their job.. and it is. Plus they are very fast, agile and aware.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The first bottom scavenger I would try with a Piranha would have to be a Raphael Catfish, these guys hunt while it's dark and hide when there's light, when it's dark your Piranhas probably can't n0tice it.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
unxchange said:
The first bottom scavenger I would try with a Piranha would have to be a Raphael Catfish, these guys hunt while it's dark and hide when there's light, when it's dark your Piranhas probably can't n0tice it.
Piranhas live in mirky waters, and do not usually have much light to see with, my guess is they are pretty good at hunting in the dark, but the raphiel cats are really well armoured and I doubt that piranhas would be interested in one unless they were really hungry

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
unxchange said:
Ah, thanks for pointing that out, as you can see I know nothing about Piranhas
but you do know about other fish

also you came to the right place to learn more - P-Fury

·
Registered
458 Posts
Crayfish are cheap and pretty good at hiding. Mine eventually get eaten but are well worth the 79 cents I pay for them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts