Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking how much difference could there be between frozen and freeze dried blood worms. What do you guys think? I was told that blood worms will be the best thing to get my baby P's to grow up quick. What does everyone on P-fury use??

·
Registered
431 Posts
those are cool when they are babies. truthfully, I would buy something like Hikari Cichlid Gold pellets. THis would help bring the color out in your p's and its very cheap. If you can get you p's on pellets as babies.... you can save yourself a lot of money in the long run. It would suck if they only took like food or brine shrimp or blood worms. It would be too expensive in the long run and a big hassle.

Try a combination of brine shrimp, blood worms, beef hearts, smelt and pellets. THis will help. A varied diet is best.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
When my reds were babies, I fed them common tropical fish flakes and blood worms in frozen cubes. They really loved that stuff, and grew amazingly fast.
When they grew, I gradually switched to smelt, chicken, shrimp, other sea fruits (not a big succes, though), and occasionally some feeders...

·
Registered
347 Posts
marscounty said:
I was just thinking how much difference could there be between frozen and freeze dried blood worms. What do you guys think? I was told that blood worms will be the best thing to get my baby P's to grow up quick. What does everyone on P-fury use??
Frozen is wet, freeze dried is not. I prefer freeze dried because they are like snack chips for my Ps.

I prefer pellets to get them to grow faster.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
freeze dried and frozen are the better alternative over live because you will not risk the chance of parasite or infection.
I prefer Frozen myself because there seems to be more content within the packaging, more dense

·
Registered
347 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
freeze dried and frozen are the better alternative over live because you will not risk the chance of parasite or infection.
I prefer Frozen myself because there seems to be more content within the packaging, more dense
I think it lowers the chance, but it does not remove the risk of parasite or infections. Freezing puts some parasites in stasis.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The best type of blood worms I've used comes in a nutrient rich gel. I got the in at petsmart and i have never seen my juvi Rhom go so crazy for food. Krill is also good and brings out some great colour. If you can find them, get
the blood worms in the gel, your p's will be thankful!

·
Registered
237 Posts
pellets are great. Cheap, readly available, easily storable,nutritionaly balanced,and easy to remove if all is not eaten(net it of the top) i like to switch up their meals with beef heart, shrimp and chicken with the occasional feeder, because just like any other animal, they will get bored.run on sentance from hell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.