Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know what you experienced aquarists think i the all time reigning champion in the world of filters? Another question was what is the best all a round filter?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i would like to know what you experienced aquarists think i the all time reigning champion in the world of filters? Another question was what is the best all a round filter?
That one depends on some many things. What do you need or expect?
Do you want a reliably filtration for several years? (perhaps EHEIM)
Do you need a low budget filter?
Do you need an especially silent filter? (perhaps EHEIM)
Does is have to be able to take care of messy water by a big Pygocentrus shoal? (only big EHEIM canister like Pro III)
Is it only a great water circulation power you are after? (perhaps Fluval FX5)

Harry

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
As Harry said, it all depends on what needs the filter will be used to satisfy.

IMO the best all around filter for piranha tanks up to 75-90g would be the Magnum 350 Pro. It has great mechanical and biological filtration and IMO is much easier to maintain than the other canisters. Any tanks bigger than that and I would seriously consider a wet/dry. On a large high tech planted tank though, the large Eheim and Fluvals would be ideal.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would go with two Eheim classic 2217 filters for that size tank. The best filters I have used.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Personally I am a huge fan of the Rena XP series filters, it is all I have used and I have never had a single problem with any of the 6 different ones I am now running. Having 6 and not a single problem with any is the reason I keep getting them and keep on loving them and recommending them to everyone I know.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Through all of my experiences within the deparment of filters (had quite a few in the past) I have used the fluval 400's series. This filtration model and series are extremely good and well worth the money as they are easy to set up and have never gone wrong, ever! The different modled types depend on the different gallons you wan to be filtering... so just watch out for this if a fluval is your No.1 choice...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts