Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive never really seen my rbs above the bottom quater of the tank until recently they seem to be swimming a lot higher than usual is this normal? they also seem to be gettin more territorial at certain times of the day fighting for their own space

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
How many RBs and what size tank do yo have. It can be either of the following: You may not have enough oxygen in your tank for your Ps to breathe, but the situation about your Ps swimming on top and fighting for tewrriotrial grounds sounds more like your water temp being too hot. Hot air rises, but warm water cools off when rising, thats why your Ps are chill'in on top. Also realy warm water makes the aggression on these guys even greater.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have three Ps and they chill out in the middle of the tank or on the bottom most of the time. My tank is heavily oxygenated and the temp stays between 76 and 80. They have gotten alot more territorial since i first got them. Some times they act weird and swim around in circles up and down and stuff. id like to think that they are just happy. :smile:

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Normal behaviour if the temp is high, nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 5ft tank with fluval 404 with spray bar at top also a small internal filter and a bubble wall at bottom the temp is 82 at both ends i have 4 rbs pushin a little over 4".

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
it sound quite normal p's dont always stay at the bottom of the tank mine swim all over and sometimes hang out either in the middle or top of the tank.
the temp at 82 is probably at the top end of the scale but you can try turning it down and as for fighting also just normal behaviour but may lessen with a colder temp
dixon

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yeah it is a good sign when your P's become more active... this way you will get more entertainment from them. It also means that they are not as skittish and are not trying to hide from you which is a bonus :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts