Piranhas Forum banner

Beggers on the street

• give them change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • say no, dont have any.

• tell them to get a job at Burger King.

• buy them food.

• tell them your a hartless bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i was coming out of shoppers drug mart with my mom and a guy asked me for some spare change.i didnt have any but my mom gave him $2.50. i looked at him as we drove away in our van knowing that he was going to be sleeping on the street for the night.and me going home to my nice room with heat,a nice bed,my 180gal tank with reds,and my nice stereo. it really made me think about everything i had for a 15 year old kid.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I voted to keep my money, I know that where I live all the homeless are their by their own doing, and could go elsewhere.
Even the leader of a help the homeless group was on the TV last week saying not to give them money if they are begging on the street.
The ones begging on the street are the ones trying to fuel drug habbits, I would much prefer to give the money to a homeless charity, that way I know that it will be spent in a helpful way and not on heroin.

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
I only run into this when I go down to Baltimore, and one guy really pissed me off, so I just tell all of them now to F off or ignore them completely, which I know is the one bad apple in a bunch theory, but I don't care. We were leaving an Orioles game, one bum was in the middle of everyone, screaming "Give me money, I am starving, I need food, blah blah blah" so one of my friends had just bought a pretzel, didn't even bite into it, and offered it to him, and he said I don't want your F'ing pretzel, I want money. So that did it for me, there was another time one pissed me off, but thats a longer story.

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
i think you should give money to the homeless people who NEVER ask....why? because they're out there trying to survive another day without a home...as for the homeless people who do ask me for money, i give them like 50cent and hope that they save up and try to get something nice to wear so that could find a decent job to get money....either that or i try hustling them for their money :laughlong: ...its quite hilarious if you start hustling them :laughlong: :laughlong:

·
Registered
259 Posts
yeah, I just gave money to some nasty ass filthy son of a #####. I felt bad that I did. He was probably just going to buy booze with it. I Just wanted to get him out of my sight. next time I see him, I'll put my foot in his ass.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I hate when bums ask me for money because I feel somewhat obligated to give it just because this person asked me on the street. What right do they have to make me feel that way? I usually say no and move on but I always feel "bad". Then I feel pissed off because I feel "bad" and this bum made me feel that way. I am with cfr3 though, if they are like, "hey man, wanna buy me a beer and cigarettes?" I feel more obliged to give it to them because at least they are honest.

I once saw a bum that had a sign reading "Need money for booze, cigarrettes, and prostitues. Please give". It rocked. :cool:

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Innes said:
I voted to keep my money, I know that where I live all the homeless are their by their own doing, and could go elsewhere.
Even the leader of a help the homeless group was on the TV last week saying not to give them money if they are begging on the street.
The ones begging on the street are the ones trying to fuel drug habbits, I would much prefer to give the money to a homeless charity, that way I know that it will be spent in a helpful way and not on heroin.
exactly, you don't end up on the streets for nothing, usually is a drug or alcohol addition. would rather give money to shelters to accually help these people. giving them money just prolongs the problem. plus some accually make a job out of it, there are some dumb ladys with a soft heart that will give $20 dallors because they thing they are going to buy a meal and maybe a sweater, but instead its a rock of crack.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
I have dished a few bucks out over years to the odd bum or two.We all no it just goes on another bottle but to them i guess its supper! but now i see little kids standing in intersections with signs say i'm a student who would rather beg than steal! what the hell do you do their.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.