Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the Krill is high in protein and beefheart is too, but will the collor of a brandtii be better because of the krill's natural color enhancers? anyone ever tried? How about that Kent freshwater Zoe? Does that really help fish grow any faster? And how do you think it will effect the p? Sorry for so many questions, I just wanted to be informed before I try anything. Thanks for the input.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I never used the freeze dried kind of krill. I found that my fish like the frozen kind much better. It must be hard to get your fish to take the freeze dried kind. I would even think that the frozen kind is more effective at color enhancement.

~Dj

·
Registered
792 Posts
yeah i use frozen, and my fish like it a lot. I think it will bring the color out better on your fish. Here are the pros and cons:

Krill:
Pro: fish love the taste
Con: Can get expensive
Pro: Very little preparation (just drop it in!)
Con: Legs and sh*t fall off and cloud water
Pro: Very good for fish and great color enhancer

Beefheart:
Pro: Cheap and easy to find
Con: Fish wont always readily accept it
Pro: High in protein
Con: Preparation (cutting it, getting the fat off, ect)
Con: Not good for fish if you want them to breed (it swells the testes)

So you make your own decision. I'm going with frozen krill.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Your answer is both...the most varied the better...!...otherwise you can let your Ps choose, sometimes they don't eat what you offer...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.