Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching in every local butcher for beef heart and being very unsuccessfull, i finally realized that there is a western beef supermarket fairly close to me. So i gave it a shot and sure enough they had it, only $1.30 a pound. So i decided to pick up 4 lbs not realizing exactly how much that would cut up into. After a hour and change of cutting away fat and cutting up the beef heart, here is my final product:

Hahaha, a whole lot of beef heart, probably enough for the next 6 months. So if anyone has trouble finding beef heart, see if you have a western beef locally, they will definately have it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SnowCichlid said:
Damn, thats a good deal. Are you gonna just leave it as peices or are you gonna mix it up and become creative ?
I have it seperated into small portions in my freezer, i also have frozen shrimp, frozen small portions of smelt and a tank full of feeders. I can mix things up after i thaw it out.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Looks like your stocked up for a good long while.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Good find man.. especially thinking about mixing with other different varieties. Your Ps must be happy and proud

·
Registered
213 Posts
i'll have to check my local meat market.. i really need to look into some of that for my p's... sucks i'm gonna be gone for 2 weeks.. need to teach one of my roommates how and what to feed them.. hopefully they'll be alive when i get back home!

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Aristarchus said:
i'll have to check my local meat market.. i really need to look into some of that for my p's... sucks i'm gonna be gone for 2 weeks.. need to teach one of my roommates how and what to feed them.. hopefully they'll be alive when i get back home!
good luck

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Brilliant thinking, you will make your p's happy and save yourself some money.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Agree, the most varied food, the better...!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts