Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
i have battlefield 1942, roads to rome expansion pack and desert combat alpha.in alpha they added more weopons (shotgun
and other things like motors and stuff)but all the vechiles are modern like jets and helicopters.very addictive

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hey do either of you know of any good Space Sims? One you can use a Joystick for? I love those games, And I got Freelancer... CAN'T USE A JOYSTICK. How weak is that. Why even bother playing it....... But you guys know any good ones?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
garybusey said:
Hey do either of you know of any good Space Sims? One you can use a Joystick for? I love those games, And I got Freelancer... CAN'T USE A JOYSTICK. How weak is that. Why even bother playing it....... But you guys know any good ones?
I'm not int space sims, but HomeWorld is pretty good, but also quite old - keep your eye open for part 2, which should be released somewhere later this year. Or if you wanna get nostalgic, try Wing Commander

I only played the single-player demo-version of Battlefield; pretty sweet, but also not quite my type of game. I prefer games like Mafia, GTA (3 and Vice City) - I love having total freedom in a video game

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Death in # said:
piranha45 said:
Death in # said:
nothing can ever compare to gta from 1 to vice city all are fu$%ing awesome
i never played the others, but gta3 got ridiculously hard and ridiculously tedious halfway thru the 2nd city.
that is why god invented beer
Um, I don't see a connection right away, but since beer is involved, I fully agree....

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
Judazzz said:
Death in # said:
piranha45 said:
Death in # said:
nothing can ever compare to gta from 1 to vice city all are fu$%ing awesome
i never played the others, but gta3 got ridiculously hard and ridiculously tedious halfway thru the 2nd city.
that is why god invented beer
Um, I don't see a connection right away, but since beer is involved, I fully agree....
nice smiley judazz

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Xenon said:
I havnt played Vice city. nothing will ever compare with GTA 1. GTA 3 did get stupid in the second city.
the toffe pimp disagrees just cause u wusses couldnt get past the 2nd city its weak?
wanna play a game thats hard ? try getaway sweet game but too hard to play regualrly gta 3 is the sh*t and vice city even thoiugh i dont play it but have it is sweet!!!!! the 80's music alone come on when i heard 2 live crew i fell lover laughing lol me myself i like navy socom havent played it in months though ima sports guy ill kick anyones ass in madden!!!!!!! but right now i LOVE TIGER TIGER WOODS YALL ITS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1942 is a whole new way to look at war strategy....it like playing multiplayer during the whole game. I love it but it runs a little sluggish on my system

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Xenon said:
1942 is a whole new way to look at war strategy....it like playing multiplayer during the whole game. I love it but it runs a little sluggish on my system
well whats it all about?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Xenon said:
I love it but it runs a little sluggish on my system
How come? I though you had a pretty decent computer...
Battlefield 1942 uses a Quake 3 engine, which, even though it's modified a lot, doesn't need that much horse power, compared to more modern engines...

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Something must be fishy on the system then to be slowing it down so. Maybe I have graphics acceleration turned off or something. I am running a 1.7Ghz laptop with a 64mb video card.

The game is basically a WWII strategy game but the way you play the missions is team oriented. You have to capture bases and hold them. If you die, you respawn like in a multiplayer game therefore the gameplay is more like a tide and resembles real warfare. Also you can choose different roles for different experiences in the game...you can be a sniper, medic, assault person, etc. Also you can fly planes and drive any vehicle you see in play....it is truly a marvelous game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.