Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so back in in november i ordered a 120g from the lfs they said it would be 6-8 weeks. i got my stand dont and every thing so i figrue now all i that i got to is wait for the tank. i figured i would call them and make sure they ordered it. they said yea. so now lets fastforward a few weeks. this week is week 7 of the 8. i called them today to see if it for sure is coming in this week. they said no we didnt order it. so at this point i am furious. i went in there and pretty much gave both the manager and the person in charge of ordering the tanks a new ass hole. i had they tank order person in tears by the time i left. all that yellling at em kinda paid off. since they said it was there screw up they would put the new one on rush delivery and knock off 120 bux off the price and i get the fish that i want in it free when the time comes. so all in all it worked out in my favor. what sux is i gotta wait another 2-3 weeks before i get it.

i am surprised they didnt refuse service lol. that was also the first time i put someone in tears before when yelling at them.

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
Odd, I can go into my lfs and buy a 120g off the shelf. By the way if you walked into my business and started yelling and screaming like a mad man I would tell you to leave.
Way to act like a child.

·
Registered
655 Posts
hey man dont listen to that i would be pi$$ed to if i was told it would be there and u waited that long and then they tell u they didnt order it right after they told you they did order it..... common thats rediculous good work man

although making her cry lol a little excessive lol but all the same i understand ur mad

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
did the tears make you feel buetter?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it wasnt a her it was a he. thing is i wasnt that loud really. when i said it was rediculus the guy started cryin. i let the manager have it more than him. compared to my relitive it was nothin. he had a problem with sprint cell phones and he let em have it. i thought it was pretty funny because it was really his fault that it broke. he forgot he had it in his coat and he threw his coat down the stairs and it broke. and he let the guy have it for something he did was kinda funny. but atleast i got some stuff outta it.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
it wasnt a her it was a he. thing is i wasnt that loud really. when i said it was rediculus the guy started cryin. i let the manager have it more than him. compared to my relitive it was nothin. he had a problem with sprint cell phones and he let em have it. i thought it was pretty funny because it was really his fault that it broke. he forgot he had it in his coat and he threw his coat down the stairs and it broke. and he let the guy have it for something he did was kinda funny. but atleast i got some stuff outta it.
you da man

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the way out they said dont forget a guy about a ball python is coming in and will prolly be the same way. lol, sounds like that guy was in for a hell of an afternoon. wonder what his sitution was.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I say good job. I let stores have a piece of my mind every time I get slow or crappy service. It upsets me that someone is willing to spend enough money to get a tank of that size brought in and they are not willing to make sure it happens and happens on time. If a store doesnt give me good service I would definately do exactly as you did. Good job and lets see that free stuff when you get it!! lol

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You are either a badass or an ass.
I can't decide. Since it WAS there fault, then, umm...
Props to the $120 knockoff and free fish.

·
Registered
450 Posts
customer service now a days is sh*t! they need a good yellin some times
i work in retail and if ur a d*ck it def doesn't help you out any especially if u get someone like me.....all u gotta do is be nice about it and you'll get what u want if u come in yelling and screaming u might as well kiss customer service goodbye.....did u pay for the tank upfront or are you just waiting on them to bring it in.....

also u can never take anyones word over the phone on anything....i had an incident with sports authority i called up to see if they had co2 for my paintball guns because dicks was out so i rushed over there after work....and went up to the counter and they had no co2....i was like are u serious and kept cool and told him some girl said yes.....he was like yea dumb operators....took my number and called me today since they got their co2 tank filled up......

trust me yelling and screaming will not get your way if u get a good employee but what can u expect from some of these places when they are only paying their people 6-7 bucks an hour....would u care about ur job for 7 bucks an hour????

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
there a just sometimes you you have to be mean cause really some people that work in store are plan old dumb and i also think that if a store says there going to do something they should otherwise i would go somewhere else. but i find being nice pays off to i like being nice casue it will always come back to you in return, ive got some sweet hook ups from being nice at LFS

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i paid for it upfront back in november so that was kinda upsetting.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i paid for it upfront back in november so that was kinda upsetting.
you dont have any petsmarts around you.....i kno the ones around me stock 125's and 120's regularly

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i got it from a place called The Sweet Feed Co.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
i have to say im on the fence about the whole thing. someone cam in yelling at me about
my employee screwing up, i would halt it and fix it first off, it would not get to the point
of yelling and then i would disapline the employee.

i have been in managment for a long time and was in the marine corps, so yelling gets
you nowhere with me. i fix the problems in my stores. but good for you with the discount
and free fish, god only knows that they jack the prices up due to theft and loss pervention

GOD I CANT SPELL THIS MORNING

i have gotten poor service from shops and what not and i kick my intelect in and get
what i want, everytime!!!!!!! im the methotical upset customer!!!!!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i have an update for ya. i went into the store i ordered my tank from today because i had to pick up some dog food and while i was in there i asked em if my tank got ordered. and the guy looks and he says no. well the guy that owns the place happend to be there and he wanted to hear the situation so i told him. (and i didnt cause a scene either) he got right on the phone and called the company and said i need this tank here now in less than a week basically. so he told me he will make sure that it is here in less than a week. so i said thanks. then he also said it looks like a few people are going to be getting fired also. he said at the time i came in there was 3 people working that had the ability to order the tank. he said why the didnt i dont know but you can bet 1 or 2 of them are getting fired.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think I would have asked for a refund and went to petsmart or someplace else.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts