Piranhas Forum banner

Bathroom aquarium

263 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DiPpY eGgS 
#1 ·
Hey guys. First off, I'm not talking about that stupid sink aquarium or toilet aquarium. I'm talking about a real, 75 or 100 gallon aquarium set up for someone. I only worry about the vapors of bathroom cleaners and any perfumes. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm guessing that with a canopy things shouldn't be too bad but wanted some feedback...

Thanks.

#6 ·
My cory tank is in a bathroom because that was the only place I could put it at home--never had too many issues with hair care products, even when my sister was at home (actually, my little bro uses a lot as well). A small hole for the filter and one for the heater are the only two openings. I think that a bathroom has a lot of things going for it, especially if there is a bathtub inside, as it would be easy to move water, even in large quantities. The issue I can see is spray cleaning products, but covering the openings with a towel prior to spraying should take the risk out of the mix.

#7 ·
I do not see it as being a problem, as even airborne chemicals are not that likely to settle out into the water, especially with a proper canopy. Talk to Dippy, I believe he has a 75 gallon in his bathroom.

#8 ·
This bathroom is huge with a giant shower (three people can easily fit in there) and with a jacuzzi. It's an addition to a home that has just the right amount of space to the side of the jacuzzi. Just imagine glancing at some African cichlids while chilaxin in the 'cuzzi!

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ya, I have a 75g in the bathroom, I just tell my wife to be cautious with bathroom products.
No problems yet, been a year now
--Oh, and my lid is busted lol

I say go for it, sounds like a kickin' idea!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.