Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My golden molly is trying to mate with all the top dwelling fish in the aquarium. Atleast, I think he's not just chasing them. He chases them and puts his head under the tummies of the other fish.

He's been the only molly up until just a few minutes ago and I bought another male. Will buying some females curb his aggressive attitude?

·
^word
4,324 Posts
No, he is not trying to mate with them, not only is that not how they mate, but also I find it inprobable that a molly would mistake any other fish for a molly.

Yes, I would definatly recommend getting a female. Almost all livebearers should be kept in groups with members of both sexes.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
No, he is not trying to mate with them, not only is that not how they mate, but also I find it inprobable that a molly would mistake any other fish for a molly.

Yes, I would definatly recommend getting a female. Almost all livebearers should be kept in groups with members of both sexes.
yeah id get a couple he will def. enjoy it..

mollys are very group oriantated.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kay, that one baby I bought that I put in there with him, he took chunks out of his fins. I'm hesitant about adding anymore unless some one verifies that even more will pacify him.

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Kay, that one baby I bought that I put in there with him, he took chunks out of his fins. I'm hesitant about adding anymore unless some one verifies that even more will pacify him.
Well, once again almost all livebearers are very prone to eating their fry also. Get him a large female or two they will be breeding babies very quickly. Make sure to provide cover for the fry though.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Those livebearing males are never pacified! But more females means more time for relief. And Mollies are possibly the best at not eating their young, but if given the chance, they'll eat their young too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts