Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
got stuck in the bender and cut end of my finger off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went to ER and they cut 1/8 bone off and wrapped it up

·
I will bite your face!
6,961 Posts
I'm assuming by caught in bender that smashed the tip beyond repair.

damn man. Sorry bout the injury. but at least it wasen't the whole hand. keep her clean. file that WC claim asap.
Also check with your insurance to see if this would fall under dismemberment. that could mean some insurance cash is commin your way.

·
6,201 Posts
sorry for your loss man... are we talkin a hydraulic pipe bender or what? if you dont mind me asking what did it feel like, and did you FREAK out? (i was just in a serious accident and totally Fed my left hand, knuckles back around my wrist watch, pretty serious deal and i never felt a thing, and kept totally calm, even when the ER Dr came back after xrays, ghost white, and asked me if i really planned on seriously using my left hand again... )
one of my good friends DID THE SAME EXACT THING injury wise, got it between the ground, clutch lever and his handlebar when he crashed on his dirtbike, and then flipped over the bars.... he has it in a jar on his toolbox at the shop.... and my dad sucked his hand through a tablesaw, with a 5/8 wide dato-blade... got all 5 fingers starting with the thumb, and kicked the rest in... he was supposed to go riding with me but insisted "nah, i have to work on the cabinets instead"... luckally he had an amazing re-constructive sergon, and he was able to sew all the hamburger back together, including nailbeds... today you can hardly tell.... you always have to be aware of sh*t like that, and carefull around power tools... and i dont expect a long responce either, prob hard to type now, but i was up to 60wpm with one hand a week into my rehab!

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,236 Posts
My old insurance would only give a measly $5k for a lost finger.......like $25k for a hand and $50k for an arm....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was on a "bender". (lol) 8 foot bender that bends flat steel sheets/pieces
it didnt hurt that much i was in shock couldnt believe i did it. now the morphine and pain medicine wearing off i gotta take vicodin. sucks because was supposed to go shooting/spearfishing and riding this weekend....

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
10,816 Posts
Good lord, Dan, that looks painful! I hope you heal okay!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
funny thing is rest of my fingertip in the end of my glove at work, some guy on monday probably gonna go to steal it and have the bone and tip in the end. thankful could have been alot worse. will post pics as it heals curious to what gonna lookk like. gotta go back to doctor on wednesday

·
6,201 Posts
yeah man... i would have somebody get that finger and formaldehyde that sh*t for a shelf somewhere! sorry again man, but atleast you have vicodin! keep us updated man! hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i right handed.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.