Piranhas Forum banner

what type of background do you use?

• No background

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single coloured background

• Colour tone phase background (colours merging)

• Visual background

• Items within the tank that make a background (rockwall)

• Items outside the tank (mirror, finished wood...)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... and just for the record the mirror I have used in place for a background is working great. the P is not shy and very active

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
That's a very cool background, bobme

I have a sheet of plastic, with a freshwater river print taped behind my tank.
The other side has a coral reef print, so I might change it some time, to give my reds the impression they're on a holiday

I'd love to get one of those beautiful Back to Nature backgrounds, but even for a measly 80 gallon tank, it would set me back about 300 bucks......

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Judazzz said:
That's a very cool background, bobme

I have a sheet of plastic, with a freshwater river print taped behind my tank.
The other side has a coral reef print, so I might change it some time, to give my reds the impression they're on a holiday

I'd love to get one of those beautiful Back to Nature backgrounds, but even for a measly 80 gallon tank, it would set me back about 300 bucks......
aww dang that a lot of money for a small back ground.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Bob you can actually get that backround, or any background for the back of your fishtank. Get that pic, go to Kinko's, ask them to blow it up the same demensions as your tank, either have them laminate it or bring home and carefully apply clear packing tape over it. Its pretty expensive, but who cares about $$$ when you wanna make your fishtank look good, right??

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Umm you can build it man, that pic i should you was home made for like $25 when i do it its going to cost me like $40.
I know what Kinko's dose, i can do it @ home also, but ill make it so i can hide my piping for filters and air and crap!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
bobme said:

Thats what i want my background to look like, i like it a lot.
that is a DIY backround inside of the tank, there are 28 caves in that lava rock backround
I am waiting on my 120 and some warm weather, then I am going to build that DIY background, complete with caves for my Tropheus. Thats alot of lava rocks to silicone onto the plastic gutters and I dont think even the garage could provide adequate ventilation. Something about the all-glass aquarium safe silicone........it smells stronger and the smell lasts so much longer than standard silicone.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Yea i know what you meen, i am also doing it however my tank is 8 ft long and 2 feet tall.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Heh Heh.. hit me up!!! Ill bring the snacks!! And who knows what other images might come up for a backround after.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts