Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday when i recieved my baby reds they were swiming around but stressed as hell. so i wake up this morning and i see them all on the bottom laying there stomachs on the sand? is this normal or is something wrong?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
yes its ok.... it might be better if you keep the lights off for them et them get to know the tank it may take some time

·
Registered
307 Posts
As long as they are not laying sideways on the substrate, they should be fine. Laying on their bellies is just signifying that they are scared and are trying to appear as inconspicuous as possible. Give them time and maybe a little stress coat.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
yeah man nothing you can do!! just time thats it, it normally wont take to long like 2morrow you will proubly be snapin shots and wont be able to leave the tank side. good luck man

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
yea man it is very normal, there are alot of factors on why they stay in the bottom, predetors, territory, etc........that is why you should get a long tank........because they like to swim primarily in the bottom and not all over :nod:

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they got shipped out on monday i recieved them thursday and today is saturday and they haven't eaten nothing. are they going to die if they don't eat soon? there still sitting at the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
they got shipped out on monday i recieved them thursday and today is saturday and they haven't eaten nothing. are they going to die if they don't eat soon? there still sitting at the bottom of the tank.
piranah's can go a week or 2 w/o food, so dont worry man...post up your water params let us check them out...was the tank cycled when you dropped them in, how big of a tankare they in, what kind of filtration??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.