Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wonderin if they would be ok in a room temp tank. my heater broke and i cant get another 1 right away my baby PS come in tomorrow morning. so i have a tank but no heater and i really donno what to do
. any ideas ? also i will be gone for a couple days. right after i get them so my mom will be putin them into the tank. i dont want them to die cause theres no heat. i really need some ideas thanx guys/gals

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The temperature of your room is? It would be in your best interest to get a heater in there ASAP. Maybe a friend of yours can hook it up for you if your mom isn't comfortable doing it? They could very well survive, but that's a ton of stress to put them through, first moving them and then cold water followed by another change of temperature.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i does totally depend on the temp of your room also taking into consideration it may get a lot colder at night.
i would get a heater asap as neo advised
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Room temp plays a huge factor.. Usually (when California had blackouts a couple yrs ago) I had cyrafoam(spelling??) plates taped up to cover every corner or my tank, to insulate any remaining heat there.. another alternative is wrapping towels or getting a heat bulb/lamp (for reptiles) focused on one part of the water.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would raise the temperature in your room so that the tank water will warm up. Just until you get another heater.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for the replys dude i just kept them in there own ice cream pails for the night but now they are all in the 33 doin fine ripen up lil feeders. they are lil over dime size i love these lil guys there awsome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts