Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Basically, you need to beef up your Ps in order to be able for them to start the FURY on live fish. Try freeze dried foods, those can be pinched small enough to be fed to even frys. From there on.. instincts with live feeders would/will come out naturally. Plus feeding them non-live food at this early stage has its advantage of having a healthy Ps when more matured. Alot of Ps get used to feeders and have a harder time to introduce other varieties.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RhomZilla said:
Basically, you need to beef up your Ps in order to be able for them to start the FURY on live fish. Try freeze dried foods, those can be pinched small enough to be fed to even frys. From there on.. instincts with live feeders would/will come out naturally. Plus feeding them non-live food at this early stage has its advantage of having a healthy Ps when more matured. Alot of Ps get used to feeders and have a harder time to introduce other varieties.
Thanks for the info

One of them swims around the tank all day long and eats the bloodworms

The other one likes to hide a lot more behind the heater, filter and rock compound and doesn't eat nearly as much as the other

They don't fight though and occassionaly swim around together

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SnowCichlid said:
give them some time before tehy are ready to start giving you the visuals you want :
:
Thanks

I guess I'll just leave the guppies in the tank??

They eat some of the P's bloodworm cubes but I guess thats just fattening them up for when the P's do eat them haha

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
On a sidenote, assuming that you have redbellies: two of them in one tank is not a recommended number. Eventually, one will most likely become more dominant and may severely injure or even kill his buddy, because he has just that one fish to pick on. With three or more, agression is more evenly distributed......

Keeping two reds succesfully in one tank has been done before, but often it's a recipe for disaster....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.