Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what would be the best water condition for baby Ps to grow up in in regard to stagnant or constantly moving water. Also what would happen to them if I were to use 240 GPH power filter in a 20 gal tank? Will this kill the fish. This won't kill my wallet, if you might ask, coz I found one that's really affordable. Thanks.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
well they should never be in stagnant because they prolly wont survive they need the oxgen like most freshwater fish. I would keep the temp at 80 and get them use to the light if you want to use the light

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SnowCichlid said:
monitor their behavior... if it seems to excesive then maybe its not a good idea... they will do fine in waterflow however
I'm relatively new to ps and their behavior so I'm not sure if their doing ok with such high current. I mean how OK is real OK...you know. Logically, more/faster recycling water is better water cond. But this will create higher current and those fishes have to use more energy to swim against the powerful current so won't pinned to the aquarium glass or get sucked in by the power filter. Can they get really exhausted from over swimming? I don't have plants or any decors in my tank btw. Thx.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Really depends on what you are calling a baby. If they are really small, you might want to consider a sponge filter. If they are 1" you may want to put a prefilter on your filter intake so they own get stuck. If they are 2" i would not worry about it.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Filteration IS good for your tank, but also depending how your tank puts out GPH can either stress or make your Ps happy. For your 20 gal, I wouldnt recommend a powerhead, but an external. Too much waterflow would be be good excercise for your fish, but they would also need a dead spot to relax in. And a powerhead in a 20 gal would be more than enough to re-enacte a hurricane in there.

Get an external, AC 200.. would be good fro your tank as well as your Ps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.