Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today was my first water change since i got my baby p's and they got stressed as f*ck? there more stressed than when they came in the mail? the only thing i did was added some rocks to the tank and a 20% water change? i saw one P trying to dig thru the sand to do under a rock?? i moved the rock and he freaked out big time and swam faster than i have ever seen any fish swim before and he headed for some more rocks but this time i lost sight of him so i'm worried that he'll try to go underneath them again? will my P be okay or is he so freaked that he won't be able to come from underneath the rock and die?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
let them get some toime to get use to their new home....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
hey man lol sounds like your stressing.... dont man im sure there fine p's are pritty strong i also have babys dont know how big yours are but mine are about 1/2" and they love when i got my hand in the tank and water change.s
i do about 40% and i do gravel vacks everytime i do a water change and i havent had a proublem with my p's getting stressed. do you have lots of hiding spots for your fish?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didn't have any hiding spots for my fish untill today when i added the rock. i'm worried about the one fish that's all freaked out. i don't want to move the rocks around again because i'm afraid he'll freak out again and have a heart attack or something? my p's are about the same size as yours.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i wouldnt worry about them man, they're very young, and reds are known to be "skittish"..i wouldnt worry about it one bit man, they're start getting used to it...make sure to get them hiding spots to take cover too

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
lmao...you do sound more stressed than youre fish ! the way you worded that made me cry with laughter !
anyway ! most little piranha are skittish , i suppose its how they survive in the wild, as for heart attacks im not sure that would happen as long as they have some cover they will get used to tank maintenance .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just looked at my tank and i found the fish that was freaked out. the big p*ssy is hiding behind some rocks with a look on his face like as if he got raped. dumbass fish.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Piranhas are usually very skittish fish...especially when they are fry/juveniles like yours are now. When they get older they will start being less skittish and more 'lazy'.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
i just looked at my tank and i found the fish that was freaked out. the big p*ssy is hiding behind some rocks with a look on his face like as if he got raped. dumbass fish.
yeah they should be fine. but yeah i find plants for babys is asome. They hide in them and feel very safe try it out man youll be happy. enyways good luck

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
they will be fine in time
everyone made fun of my rhom for the first 6 or 8 months i had him
i though he was a piranha, a goldfish could take him down etc...............
be he snapped out of that and is a savage now.....well worth the wait

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Piranhas are not the bravest fish out there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how long is this going to last? my p's are still hiding and acting stressed? can they hurt them selfs from acting stupid?

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
how long is this going to last? my p's are still hiding and acting stressed? can they hurt them selfs from acting stupid?
I suppose that they could hurt themselves if they get really spooked. Sometimes they will give themselves nasty scrapes or burns too from hiding behind the heaters. Just make sure there is a heater guard on your heater and that you don't have any sharp rocks or other sharp objects in the tank with them.
~Taylor~

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
They're not pussies, they're babies.
In the wild, at that age, they're food for just about everything.
Your arm and hand is a hundred times bigger than they are.

I used to wonder why my dobermann was such a "Scardeycat" when he was young, all up until he was almost a year old.
Again, he was a baby.
Now that he's just over a year old (And we've done some training with him..." He pounds against the glass front door of the house and gnashes his teeth and the saliva flies if somebody wierd comes up to the door.

Nearly all babies, regardless of species- are easily frightened.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts