Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 3 baby rbp's last week, about 1/2 inch in length.
At first they were in my 55 gal with my pet goldfish Dick, and gorge (horhay). The babies started a little fin nipping, so I took the pet goldfish out. I replaced them with some smaller goldfish (about 1.5-2"). I was surprized to see them disappear!
I was feeding the p's brine shrimp since I got 'em, but they seem to be pretty hearty killers at such a young age. My first round with rbp's they didn't seem that vicious. Any one else have some baby killers on the loose?

·
Registered
83 Posts
traumatic said:
I bought 3 baby rbp's last week, about 1/2 inch in length.
At first they were in my 55 gal with my pet goldfish Dick, and gorge (horhay). The babies started a little fin nipping, so I took the pet goldfish out. I replaced them with some smaller goldfish (about 1.5-2"). I was surprized to see them disappear!
Pretty exciting isn't it.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Sounds like you are doing something right. They might be very comfortable in the environment you have them set up in. Good work

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
when i got my 2 smaller reds at about 3'' and added them with my lager @ 6'' reds and 2 convicts they chased the cons around for about a day non stop they didn't catch them and i gave them to a friend ,they had lived with the larger reds for a few months ,they seemed to have calmed down now but i have not had anything live in with them since ,i may treat them to a few goldfish but you have to pay top dollar for them in the uk as you cant buy feeders like the usa @ $2 each and your not supposed to feed live over hear animal rights or something like that

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
I threw in a comet that was probaly 3 inches longer than my baby spilo, he beat the hell out of it for a couple days, then finally killed it off, pretty amusing to watch.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep, my four 2inch rb's kill two and three comets a day that are bigger than they are. It's pretty cool to watch and they love to leave the head just laying there with no eyes. It's pretty sweet! I think that the water temp has something to do with how aggresive they are. I keep my water at about 81 degrees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts