Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
keep up with the water parameters and chuck in some decor of some sort for tehm for now. Feed tehm plenty and often, around 4 times a day if you can
good luck

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
flakes would also work and bloodworms would be easier for them lil guys to munch on. when a lil bigger try the Hikari sinking carnivore pellets. They should tear em up. Since they are small, they dont eat much, but would eat only a few hours later. But the more you feed them the more you gott watch the water parameters. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think you're about to loose a lot of fish when you'll keep them in a 10g (or in any tank for that matter). P's sold as "Golds" usually are either spilo's or rhoms, and they're very agressive towards each other (I guess I'm not saying anything new here...) But baby p's are hard to tell apart, so they could be reds as well or still something else...
Feed them about 3-4 times per day: baby p's are growing and developing fast, and need a lot of food for that. I used flakes and blood worms (those frozen cubes) when my p's were small, and occasionally some tetras to train their hunting skillz

Good luck (I guess you'll need it!!!)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Watch them very carefully, they are most likely to kill each other when they are young. A bigger tank will be necessary soon since they will grow fast.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
74ray said:
Watch them very carefully, they are most likely to kill each other when they are young. A bigger tank will be necessary soon since they will grow fast.
What about that new one or some thing? i got a 80 gal, want it?

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
they defantly dodnt need anymore room, they are the size of a finger nail or smaller. I will move them when they get bigger. You can tell they are getting a hump behind there head so they aren't reds, spilos, or something else. thanks guys
MAD
haha small lil buggers, how much?

·
Registered
431 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
You can tell they are getting a hump behind there head so they aren't reds, spilos, or something else.
so they arent reds, or spilos or something else???? I dont get what u are saying?

·
Registered
351 Posts
as far as i know there is only 1 kind of gold thats gold spilo

i think thats as far as i know unless someone can prove me wrong

god i would love to get my hands on some spilos that small

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
they defantly dodnt need anymore room, they are the size of a finger nail or smaller. I will move them when they get bigger. You can tell they are getting a hump behind there head so they aren't reds, spilos, or something else. thanks guys
MAD
I don't think you can positively id piranha's the size of a fingernail, but that's just me (and I'm nuts from time to time...
).
A couple of pics would surely help, though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts