Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i moved my rbps to thier new 75 gal tank which was monday they have been eating like crap. they eat.... just not in the way they did when they were in the 20 gal. i was feeding them beef heart ,and bloodworms. i have been trying to feed catfish,and shrimp. they eat a little then let the rest go. getting frustrated. i guess what i am doing in a whinning kind of way is asking if this is par for the course . new invironment,and new food = less eating for awhile?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are just adjusting possibly how long have they been in there also try changing what they eat and feed them a little less then normal
i moved them over tuesday,not monday sorry. you mean go back to the beef heart,or bloodworms for awhile,or keep feeding the catfish,and shrimp?

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, they just probably need to adjust to their new home.

I'm sure you'll have your badasses back soon.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they just probably need to adjust to their new home.

I'm sure you'll have your badasses back soon.
i hope so
i am new to the pirahna thing,and i am starting to 2nd guess my setup 75gal with 1xp3 filter,1 heater ,and lots of cover. i am thinking i might go buy another xp3. i have no room at the back of the tank for a tank mount filter

Attachments

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
I think what you've got there is fine.

Personally, when I do a pygo tank, I put all the decor to the ends leaving the center open as their "Feeding arena."

Example given.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
you wouldnt need another filter dude...my buddy dairywhip on here has an fx3 on his 75 and it pumps amazing...dont worry about it not being able to handle it, he had like 15 5" reds in there before, and it well kept up to his needs.....dont worry about the fish either...just let them adjust....just dont feed them for a day or 2...then when you toss some shrimp or talpia or something in it they will go for it..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you wouldnt need another filter dude...my buddy dairywhip on here has an fx3 on his 75 and it pumps amazing...dont worry about it not being able to handle it, he had like 15 5" reds in there before, and it well kept up to his needs.....dont worry about the fish either...just let them adjust....just dont feed them for a day or 2...then when you toss some shrimp or talpia or something in it they will go for it..
i will see how it goes. maybe i will add a power head to help turn the water a bit more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts