Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are things besides just skulls that you could add to peoples little profile thingy. I noticed that some places give little mini Aqua-Rank banners if you vote daily for the site and some places give little award banners to people who have been on the forum for certain amounts of time and whatnot. Maybe that would be a better way than different colored skulls to award people. Just a suggestion though, I'm still a newbie here :biggrin:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I am working on a way to reward people for good solid posts on piranha. I will be thinking of some more rewards besides the skulls but I dont want this to be a site where everyone has a title. Everyone is equal here....

Moved to Suggestions

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
well it is like target if you have worked there 3 months you get your little bullseye on your nametag and if you do something really good like save a life or something real special you get a gold bullseye on the nametag. I really need a new job

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
unxchange said:
I like the "everyone is equal" idea.. IMO, the skulls are sufficient.
But I also like the idea of awards, but like monthly/3 monthly/yearly (whatever) awards where their are differant categories such as:
*most improoved poster
*biggest post whore/slut poster
*most helpfull
*most elagable bachelor
*best post
*best newcomer
*boobie award
*long time service award

and other meaningless awards, nominations can be put forward by mods/admin and previous winners - which could then be voted for by the members of p-fury.

and for the winner, they get their title changed for the time period to their winners title (best newcomer or whatever)

These awards are not serious, but simply a bit of fun - what do you all think?

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Sounds good for some of them it isn't a dating service lol eligble batchelor.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i like what innes is getting at, keep it fun

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
What?!?! Another contest?? Its hard enough trying to earn skulls!!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I like the booby award.

Seriously though, give me some time to work something out, I just found out I will be travelling for yet another month so I will have a lot of time to whip up something good. I have a lot of "maintenance" type things to do on the site for right now.....then I am really going to put a lot of thought into rewards....thanks for the suggestions guys!

·
Registered
527 Posts
What about a world league table for good postings/good ideas:

i.e.

If someone from Britain posts regulary they should be award a point, in turn this goes league table

Example:

United Kingdom 6
Spain 4
USA 3

what do you think??

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i'm sorry but i'm going to throw my cents in this..who cares about rewards.. its a freaking piranha site..not a reward site..go to safeway or albertson for rewards.you come to this site to help or to learn....not to whine and complain about skulls and and "why didn't i get one???" sh*t....its annoying ..sorry don't mean to offend anybody but it just getting on my nerves.............

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
thePACK said:
i'm sorry but i'm going to throw my cents in this..who cares about rewards.. its a freaking piranha site..not a reward site..go to safeway or albertson for rewards.you come to this site to help or to learn....not to whine and complain about skulls and and "why didn't i get one???" sh*t....its annoying ..sorry don't mean to offend anybody but it just getting on my nerves.............
Im with PACKman on this one. Enough with the awards, titles, weekly honors..ect. This is a P site where folks go for info and give opinions. Mike, honestly.. you have too much on your hands already. You've done so much for the site that its getting too over now. Im cool with whats present at the momment.

Making change to give ya my 2 cents!!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i also think mike should sit back and enjoy the site
a lot of changes have occured lately and im sure it takes up quite a lot his of time lets have more focus on the reason we are here and not who's who and who does or is what .i like the member of the month thing its a good idea but we have skulls/stars and i think people can work out for themselves who knows what and what info to disregard
dixon

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
out of the suggestions that get posted stuff like the recent innes post MY NEW IDEA is the type of things we shuld be concentratiing on, the whole skull /member title things should be the last thing on mikes mind as so many other decent ideas or going around relating to piranha info etc
dixon

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
You've done so much for the site that its getting too over now.
Huh? too over?

Mike, honestly.. you have too much on your hands already.
Developing this site is a hobby of mine and I add things/change/improve the site because I enjoy it, it fills the lonely nights on the road, and am interested in improving the information here. I apologize for making too many changes. I do concentrate on the Suggestion Box for improvements and you will notice a great many of them are worked into the site.

I feel the member of the month competition is important as it gives people something to strive for on this site, because I will not be able to make everyone staff. Keep up the good suggestions and I will keep adding them.

its a freaking piranha site..not a reward site..go to safeway or albertson for rewards.you come to this site to help or to learn....not to whine and complain about skulls and and "why didn't i get one???" sh*t....its annoying
In a perfect world this would be the only reason people come to this site and not worry about post counts, member counts, rankings, or titles. But the fact of the matter is these types of things are important to a large number of the members here. People want to be recognized by the community and that is understandable, and the changes I have put in satisfy this need sufficiently.

Xenon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
thePACK said:
this is a piranha site, but it is also a fun site.
not everyone here wants to talk about piranhas - Ms Natt for example, hardly ever goes into piranha topics, but she is a popular member of our community.
I don't think that any issues brought up by members should be dismissed as useless or pointless as the person asking about is obviously thinks it is a good idea - and so will others in most cases.
Mike has been great and as a result this is already a busy site with people visting for many reasons.

I personally came to and stayed at P-Fury as I like the atmosphere here, it is a friendly site with loads of conversation on loads of topics, it is not only fish (just look in the lounge) and that is one of the many reasons why in my opinion this site has the edge over others.that and also the fact that Mike is willing to do almost anything requested by the members, and he is a really nice guy

I think it makes it more fun having awards and competitions, and also those members involved in them deserve the credit given to them.
I also think we should have other awards than member of the month and pic of the month as not everyone who contributes has a camera or a great knowledge of fish, or even the time to help more - but they still deserve recognition.

I know this site started as a piranha video on the net - and now look at what it has become, this shows how well the tactic of doing what the members want works.
Xenon - you got mad skillz

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.