Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Texas Justice
2,257 Posts
four red bellies, started eith 5 but lost one to cannibalism.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
id say three our four red belly's would be ok, and one peco would work. no more then four thought. One piranha per 20 gal of water. Unless its a Rhom, then one rhom per tank.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was thinkin 5-6 reds prob 6 do you think that would be ok im getin them at nickle size i was thinkin theyd be ok till 6" s and then they slow down growth anyway.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yeah you could do 6 RBP's in that tank for a while atleast anyways. As long as you maintain it well. If things start to show some weak signs then you can always upgrade or seperate them...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Six reds, between 4 and 7" in size: actually, it's a 80 gallon tank, but I don't think that 5 gallons makes a lickin' difference...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Here is my 75 gallon setup, 10" Red Belly, 8" Caribe, 7 1/2" Red, two 7" red Belly's and a 16" Pleco and no deaths. Yhey actualy shoal very well with each other. I have Aquaclear 5000 powerhead in the tank also, it does 942GPH so that might help, so my answer is 5.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 5 in my 75 gallon, they live together fine... just keep them well fed cuz when i dont feed mine for a while you might find a peice of fin missing..... i also have 2 stripped rapheal cats w/ my p's in the 75 gallon so i keep them well fed and they seem to be doin great

·
Registered
564 Posts
In my 75 I've got an 8 inch Red, a 7 inch Red, and I have two 6 to 7 inch Caribe arriving on Monday. Oh yea, I can't forget my two 3 inch plecos.

Bcollins...Do you have any pics of your tank? Do they have enough room? I might get another red for mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts