Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what a 125 gallon costs? Just the tank. I called the only place I knew around here that sold them, and they told me, for just the tank, would be 362.00. Does that price sound fair? Does anyone know any places in michigan (possibly near Saginaw) that sell tanks for a lesser price?

Thanks
Jon

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
i really depend where you live...you can get a use complete set up for that price or a bit higher..if you talking about brand new...it around that price but you can find them cheaper.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Non-bowfront glass tank. They arn't mass production either, their made to order. Bought my 75 from the same place.. really nice tank.

Also, is this a good deal? 67 Gallon Aquarium with Oak Stand. Dimensions on tank are 24" high, 18" deep, and 36" wide.

Plus comes with all these extras:
-5 Gallons of gravel
-3 big rocks
-2 pieces of slate
-4 fake plants
-vaccum
-filter
-light
-heater
-air pump
-scrub brush
-many chemicals, food, salt, ect.

Also, here are some pictures:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/84/43/8245_12.JPG
http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/84/43/8fee_0.JPG

Price is at 200.00

·
Is a Boss.
4,236 Posts
i just picked up a used 125 with glass tops and stand for $100, so it all depends on whos sellin and how hard your lookin.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
try craigslist.......got mine for $50.00 all equipt / i had to build a stand

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah just to add my recen purchase, i got a 120 w/ stand/lights/filters for 255.00

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
The rule for used tanks in my area is $1 per gallon, +/- how bad they want to sell.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Check out craigslist as suggested or glasscages.com. I know they dont' deliver or have anywhere to get tanks in Canada, on the west coast, but I know they have really good prices there

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked the site for GlassCages and seen they had reasonable prices, but where would be the closest "pick-up" area in michigan. That place in lansing is a lot cheaper, but after driving out there, including Gas would be more in the long run.

·
Registered
775 Posts
look in the ad bulletin for a used tank - you can find some really great deals on tank in there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Searched every location in Michigan (besides upper..since that is just a 5 hour drive to get the the upper penn.) and there was nothing. Does anyone know any places within like an hour or maybe 2 that sells tanks? I can't seem to find anything!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
You could easily spend hours at Preuss looking at everything they have there... other than that, have some patience with craigslist, and you may also want to check www.mittenstatecichlids.com and www.cichlid-forums.com - I see a lot of tanks up on those sites for a good price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts