Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I told you that I could make a setup so everyone of you with access to a water line and drain line could have an auto-water changer would you be intrested in it if it cost less that $45 at the most, and another $15-30 for chlorine filter depending on whether you want it to filter other stuff

how many would be intrested, bulk discounts availale

reason I ask is that I would have to make something for non wet dry tank owners, and want to see if its worth the trouble to design and test one

·
Registered
106 Posts
id be interested but i have no idea how this project works.

do you need the tank to be connected to a sink or a faucet or something?

chris

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will just need access to either a faucet or garden hose spiket, or copper pipe (I include copper pipe tap) and then access a drain

you use water line to drip water in, then you connect to the drain and wah la

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I would be interested, but I can't afford one right away, but definitly interested

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, considering I have to haul the bucket up and down the stairway with 4 trips just to make water changes, or gravel cleaning. But another thing is that my closest water pipe only carries in cold water.

Id like to know the full extent of how this would work also. pls keep us informed Nate

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RhomZilla said:
Sounds like a good idea, considering I have to haul the bucket up and down the stairway with 4 trips just to make water changes, or gravel cleaning. But another thing is that my closest water pipe only carries in cold water.

Id like to know the full extent of how this would work also. pls keep us informed Nate
I use cold water line

water only drips into the tank, so temp change is much and the water mixes well, you may have to bump your heater up just a tad, but I didnt have too on my 125g

I will provide full intrstructions on how to set it up, water water flow rate to use and so on

I have done the calculus to figure out flow rates for the necessary percentage change

so on a 125g like mine changing about 25% you are only using about 4 extra gallons per week I think for a 25% change, but you never lift a finger

you will have to do gravel siphoning to keep the tank clean though, but no water changes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts