Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think a lot of people who obsess extremely over certain subjects/has lack of friends are autistic....you prolly know people like that in everyday life but you might not have thought about it.

Someone with autism might appear rude cause they act differently , but they can't help it....they DO care about things it's just that many have difficulty to express those things y'know ?

The movie Mozart and the whale is about Asberger...people who want to know more about it should see it , maybe they'd understand more how they feel

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
sure.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
or they're just assholes like me.. hahah jk.

but im shure there are many mild forms of autism, but as long as you dont have one superpower your not autistic imo...jk ofc...

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
You're right, autistic people do have those tendencies.

People with Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder are more numerous, and also have milder tendencies.

I was a Powerlifting Coach for the Special Olympics for 10 years.
In that time, I had one male athlete with autism.
He was a real trip.

It was handy in that I could load up the barbells with plates of weight and he would be my "Human Calculator."
I'd be like "Stephan, how much weight is on that bar?"
He'd look at it and go: "235 pounds coach!"

We would be at a meet or something and the slightest little thing could set him off.
Something that you or I would not even care about, he'd be flipping out over.

Perhaps lunch was 15 minutes late.
He'd throw his hands in the air and start shouting about how "F**ked up everything is!"
He'd rant and rave for awhile, and then eventually calm down.

"Raymond" on "Rainman" is an example of severe autism.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I once saw a cussing Tourette's syndrome guy in the 7-11 once. This guy was cussing up a storm but he was paying for things like a regular customer. He was loud. Heard him from the back of the store and had to come up front to see what was going on. I think that's a rare sighting.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote : He'd rant and rave for awhile

Not everyone with autism is like that....most CAN behave in proper manner.

I have to admit I dislike surprises...I'd like to know ahead what's going to happen....I also dislike when people get too close to my face when talkin , gives me the creeps.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
holy sh*t i think im autistic!
i freak out when people piss me off when im driving. and pretty much everything else...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I know one bloke with autism. He's possibly the nicest person I'v ever met. You name any football team in England Scotland or Wales (provided its not some random village team) and he'l tell you what stadium they play at and with most teams he'l tell you who their best player is aswell. Its frikin incredable

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
quote : holy sh*t i think im autistic! blink.gif i freak out when people piss me off when im driving

Nah....you just have short fuse like I do....LOL

I *do* think there's a connection with autism and cross dressing...I've always felt different on the inside (but this doesn't mean that all autistic are cd's...don't judge them all cause of me , we are all different)

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
quote : holy sh*t i think im autistic! blink.gif i freak out when people piss me off when im driving

Nah....you just have short fuse like I do....LOL

I *do* think there's a connection with autism and cross dressing...I've always felt different on the inside (but this doesn't mean that all autistic are cd's...don't judge them all cause of me , we are all different)
Quint are you saying that you are autistic and feel that people don't understand you or have misconceptions about autism? I don't really know where the cross dressing came into play, but I work in mental health and can tell you from my experience with people that have autism, cross dressing is not connected to autism. If you need help getting services, just PM me and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
no, I think he is saying that he cross dresses

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
TMI....

In other news...there is this savant guy who comes into my work every now and then...probably bc we give him free food and there are a lot of hot girls at my work...but he LOVES football. He can tell you anything about anybody...as long as hes heard it before. Also, and God is this ever amazing...but you can tell him your birthday and in about two seconds he can tell you what day of the week you were born. He also loves doing the NFL song...but its kinda hard to get that across over a computer, so Ill just leave that up to everybodys imagination..

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
TMI....

In other news...there is this savant guy who comes into my work every now and then...probably bc we give him free food and there are a lot of hot girls at my work...but he LOVES football. He can tell you anything about anybody...as long as hes heard it before. Also, and God is this ever amazing...but you can tell him your birthday and in about two seconds he can tell you what day of the week you were born. He also loves doing the NFL song...but its kinda hard to get that across over a computer, so Ill just leave that up to everybodys imagination..
being able to tell what day different dates is, is one of the more extraordinary skills some autists have. its incredibly hard to do and science cant really explain how they do it.

saw a show on it... crazy stuff.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
holy sh*t i think im autistic!
i freak out when people piss me off when im driving. and pretty much everything else...
i think its called road rage

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Road rage is a symptom Ric Flair suffers from.....LMAO !!

·
Registered
441 Posts
People that are great in one area and have a lack of knowlege and ability in other area are called idiosavants i believe. Being autistic means u are detactched from reality and have a lack of communication skills. Often, autistic people do obsess over certain objects and see things very differently then other people. people with Aspergers can occasionaly b great at math or another area. Its kind of difficult 2 group anyone who thinks differently or is misunderstood as having autism, but u do have an interesting point. That's the problem with categorizing everyone into different groups based on 'disorders' which psychlogists do so often. People r individuals and not disorders.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts