Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at 360's today and i couldnt find anyone who could give me a real idea of why i would want to buy the pro version over the basic one. I understand the pro version comes with a headset and HD cable that i dont need right now. It also comes with a wireless controller which is a plus. However the main reason i got that it was so expensive is because of the 20gb Hard drive. But why would i want that? The normal version has 512mb and when i looked most games take up at most 8mb.

So it would seem that i could get a good game and an extra wireless controller for less than the pro model?

Why would i not want to do this?

Do both version allow you to connect your Mp3 player?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
the 400$ comes with a 20 gig hard drive a wireless controller, and hd cable. The 300$ one has no hard drive and only has cables for standard definition and comes with a wired controller. I dont think the 300$ comes with any memory, i think you need to buy a memory card (40$) or buy the hard drive seperately (100$)

I would go with the 400 and get xbox live asap

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
yea man
get the one with a harddrive
think about haven more then 5 games
plus you can download movies and songs and record TV on an xbox some how

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to play on Xbox live with the old Xbox. Most likely when halo 3 comes out i will return to online use so i guess it only makes sense to get the 400$ one. However why cant you play online with a 512mb memory?

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Im pretty sure you can play online without the hard drive if you have the memory card. Dont quote me on that, but I dont see why it wouldnt be possible. Despite this, there is no reason whatsoever to buy the 299 version. You get more than enough to justify the 100$ more.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Of course you can play on Xbox live without the HD, ignore enriqo.

It's going to cost more money in the end to get the HD Cable, HD, wireless controller, headet etc, than it would just buying the premium.

You can download demos, videos, trailers etc from Xbox live silver (which is free) onto your HD, which is a huge plus, considering the price of the games, it's nice to be able to play the demos.

There's really no point in getting the core, because eventually, you will end up buying the extra peripherals once you get into it, and realise you really do need the HD to get the most from it, then you'll end up spending more than you needed to.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I cant wait til a bigger harddrive comes out. It better be at least 60 gigs though. I won the premium system from mountain dew, and up to now I have upgraded quite a bit. I got another wireless controller, Monster component cables to replace the standard hd ones, monster optical cable, hd-dvd drive (which comes with king kong and a nice remote), wifi adapter, play and charge system, and the charging stand for two batteries. The more I play 360, the more I get into it. All I really want now is that harddrive and an HDMI cable

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Yup seems you're right, I just unplugged my HD and tried to play halo.

"An xbox 360 hard drive must be attatched to play original xbox games, for more info, go to www.xbox.com/games"

That's another minus for the core console then.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You're going to pay too much. Check this out! I got mine through Microcenter. (www.microcenter.com) See if there is a store near you. Can't do it online. Got a premium x-box 360 for $199.00 and that's with 2 rebates. You sign up for the credit card with reward points (Bank of
America) and purchase it with that. You then call the credit card company and they will send you a check for $100 back and then they give you the second rebate form in the store and you mail that in with the UPC symbol on the side of the box and copy of receipt and will get another $100 back. Deal goes on till Dec 31st. Thats' the best deal out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts