Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, hes been in the 125 wide (6'x2'x17") for 4 or so days now and he loves it, he stays on the very left two feet during the day, but once the lights go off, he goes dartin around the tank huntin for feeders. id have to say he is the luckiest piranha out there, the biggest tank
and tons of live food( i used the feederst to cycle the tank 2 months ago) but i will shorten his tankspace soon, i will divide it and leave 2' for the piranha, and 4' for my stingray which is coming soon, as soon as i get my grades back so i can prove to my mom that i did good on exams...

View attachment 45632
View attachment 45633
View attachment 45634

and here is mo helping me with my posting
View attachment 45635

· Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the stuff i used was hard to clean, because it was so fine, when you put it in a bucket and fill it up to clean, the sand bubbles up to the top, so you have to make sure that you dont let it get to the air or it will float on top of the tank. it wasnt a big problem because my overflow box just brought the sand in the sump, then i just put it back in the tank.

· Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the stuff i used was hard to clean, because it was so fine, when you put it in a bucket and fill it up to clean, the sand bubbles up to the top, so you have to make sure that you dont let it get to the air or it will float on top of the tank. it wasnt a big problem because my overflow box just brought the sand in the sump, then i just put it back in the tank.

i got the sand from petluvers.com

· Registered
16 Posts
My man's right. You really shouldn't have that many goldies in there. Goldfish are carp, the dirtiest fish in the world. Parasites, disease, and just plain dirty. If you are gonna feed him fish although not recommended, put less in a a time. He could easily live on 2-3 a week. Try frozen catfish fillet, or earthworms, beefheart, etc. You have a nice tank, don't let the goldfish wreck your water.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.