Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. I have one 5-6 inch red belly in a 75 gallon tank, I was wondering if I could add another one of the same size with out problems? I got the one about two weeks ago. If I keep them feed well will they still eat at each other or try to kill one another to be boss of the tank with just two? I would get three but three 10-12 inch fully grown seem just to much for the tank size? What do you guys think??

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes you can add more. Add atleast 2 more. Adding only one will just end up fighting. 3 10-12in would be kinda tight. If your looking at full size p's get a tank that is 6ft long.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
If you are extra nervous about it, take out the fish and rearrange the tank then reintroduce them. You shouldnt have a problem with them fighting.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I never understood the whole no even numbered Ps in a tank. I thought as long as you had 3 or more you were fine. Is that some kinda rule like the 20 gallon her fish rule??

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Hannibal said:
I never understood the whole no even numbered Ps in a tank. I thought as long as you had 3 or more you were fine. Is that some kinda rule like the 20 gallon her fish rule??
I think 3 or more is the right rule to avoid fighting, odd numbers wont matter, piranha's can't count

1 - 7 of 7 Posts