Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one with rounded belly has silverish scale while the other one is more gold like. I also notice that the rounder belly one is more aggressive and do most hunting of live feeders. The gold one just wait until the feeder caught and join the feast. Do they belong to same species? I now have 4 goldies and 2 silvers btw.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
The only difference i can see is a p that eats more than the other...need some close up to be sure!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
BiteMeNipMe said:
Yeah that's what I suspected, the fat one prolly eats more. Or just different sex. Thanks guys.
This is false. You can not tell the sex of a piranha through outward appearance.

I feel these are the same fish as they have the same spotting and coloring.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
There has been alot of color variant of natts showing up recently. One turns very bonzish when it matures. The two different ones could be from a different breeders stock who is working with bronze Natt like that. Maybe the color is not regional though so im not really sure.

·
Registered
829 Posts
also a good chance that the p on top has been bitten... i got one just like that, he's all flat on teh bottom, but if i look hard i can see the scare tissue... also he is missing the ventral fins! look to see if yours has his missing as well, then that would be a pretty good indicator of a bite

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.