Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all the horrible things that can go wrong with feeding you Piranha's Feeder Goldfish, and that they are given growth inhibitors. Is this the same for other kinds of fish as well. Could I purchase Tetras, or Mollies for them?

Thanks,

Joey

·
3,901 Posts
Tetras, mollies, baby cichlids, swordtails, live shrimp.

Most people do indeed stay away from Goldfish, Barbs, Danios although some do not.

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
fish in the cyprinidae family (like gold fish) are the ones to stay away from, other then those

i havent read anything wrong with using other fish as feeders, just do your homework

on the family to see if its cool

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fellow at LFS recommended Crayfish and Ghost Shrimp. So got a half dozen Crayfish scurrying around my tank. I kind of enjoy the movement. Onr bit the dust fairly early but for the most part they have survived at least the first 72 hours.

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
Dragonrider said:
Fellow at LFS recommended Crayfish and Ghost Shrimp. So got a half dozen Crayfish scurrying around my tank. I kind of enjoy the movement. Onr bit the dust fairly early but for the most part they have survived at least the first 72 hours.
[snapback]863065[/snapback]​
how big are those crawdads?? they could pose a threat to your fish and hurt or even kill

your fish.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Ive heard some people go fishing and when they get a small bluegill they keep it and throw it in their tank.

·
Registered
77 Posts
haha love the quotes on that last post! Especially about them being skittish... very smart fish aren't they? Keeping instinct even in a domesticated setting!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts