Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is wanting to get an aquarium with seahorses and they don't need alot of room and they don't compete for food so they can only have a cleanup crew with them.

I've been pricing out supplies and then a guy at my LFS showed me the biocube and aquapod nano tanks they have. Coming out to about $10 a gallon for a complete setup with the nanos-are these worth it?

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
They are basically everything in one, an makes it easier on the people that want to have the astetics of it all hidden. Its a luxury, But i think they are worth it. They do make great seahorse tanks!!!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i have a biocube 8, it is a mixed ref softies lps and sps. i have been very happy with it, the only modifications i have done include converting the back middle chamber in to a refurgium and changing my lighting out to a 70 watt hqi metal halide.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
i want to set up a salt water tank, but im clueless

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
lol okay well start a new thread describing what you would like to keep and i along with everone else who freguents the salt side can help you out. also do some reading, there is a lot of information but to me it seems the complexity of maintaning saltwater tanks is overstated.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
i loved my nanocube tank. i just needed a larger tank than the 12 gallon one i had. you will have to keep up with the evap which will be a pain in the butt. otherwise they are great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts