Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if aquatic plants are better for p's than fake plants. Are these plants hard to maintain? Will p's uproot them to often? ANyone have a tank with aquatic plants? Please leave an opinion and pics of your tank.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do the plants need any special attention? what needs to be done to maintain them? Snowcichlid what did you mean by less mess? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
237 Posts
live plants can be kind of a pain in the ass for a piranha tank. live plants require light, and as we all know most piranha hate bright light. If you want live plants you need to select species of plants that dont demend alot of light. Piranhas probably will uproot your plants, especialy as they grow in size.so in answer to that, get plants that can be tied down to driftwood and rock. Anubius does very well. Mine stay bright and green in the low light and have pretty tough leaves but are slow growers. Java moss is a no-brainer,tie it down and let it go. I also use amazon swords. They grow pretty quick but with my lighting (30 watts in a 75 gal.) do not stay quite as green. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts