Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a forum specifically on the design and details that go into aquascaping a tank... ?

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the support guys.

I've just always really been into aquascaping and I think we have some gorgeous tanks here on PFury. It would be nice if people could share their secrets and why they postioned things the way they did. Not just with plants, but with rock work, gravel, slopes, driftwood, etc.

Certain fish are also more condusive to particular set-ups. If you have a high light tank with lots of plants but have a fish who likes some shade, then that is a barrier to overcome and it'd be cool to hear how it is indeed overcome.

Anyway... My vote is still there for it.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Thanks for the support guys.

I've just always really been into aquascaping and I think we have some gorgeous tanks here on PFury. It would be nice if people could share their secrets and why they postioned things the way they did. Not just with plants, but with rock work, gravel, slopes, driftwood, etc.

Certain fish are also more condusive to particular set-ups. If you have a high light tank with lots of plants but have a fish who likes some shade, then that is a barrier to overcome and it'd be cool to hear how it is indeed overcome.

Anyway... My vote is still there for it.
you mean were supose to actually plan out our scapes? sh*t mine happen by pure luck.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most people don't, but some do... I'm pretty maticulous about how my tanks look in general and do things for very specific reasons.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It could help with people's setups. Cover everything from how to attach a background properly to the right positioning of a plant vis a vis a filter intake so as to properly maximize the coverage. Placement of ornaments to create a specific visual landscape in the tank when looking at it. Tips on where to put things so that fish have max benefit. Even just what materials to use... A tank that uses lava rock will look very different than a tank that uses tuffa rock, that's for sure.

·
КГБ
6,210 Posts
now i can share my bare tank secrets :rasp: thisis a very good idea
good for people looking to set up a nice tank but are not good with aquascaping

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
LOL........Good idea, cuz it looks like I need a little help.....lol

Plant Bird Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Grass

Attachments

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Sounds good to me, I really think I could help, if I do say so myself I'm quite good with aquascaping.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did this ever get discussed anywhere else or brought up by MAB? Just wondering so I don't bug people with an issue that has been covered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts