Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I have a home made one now, the reason I swapped was the flow rate I wanted to use, the drip plate on that model didnt allow enough water through it for my tank, on their website they state a max gph for each unit, besides I needed the money

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just bought the aqua clear 75. It is pretty nice. I have a 55g and it works great. I still have my two penguin 330s running, but will cut them out in about a month. I also put two 100 watt heaters in the wet dry. It barely fits in there with the pump, but my tank looks pretty sweet. I am hoping the guzzling noise going throught the pre filter will quiet down with time. Overall, its sweet and fits under my tank in the stand.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you get an Aquaclear wet/dry, get one rated higher than what your tank size is. The one that Nate had used to be mine, and I had it on a 75.

As far as increasing the flow rate of the filter, you can always drill out the holes in the drip plate to accommodate better flow. However, most pre-drilled 75's only have a 1" drain hole, in which case you are limited to the amount of flow you can run by that, more so than the drip plate.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. Thanks for the tips guys. I don't know much about these filters and your help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts