Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering, how big do apple snails get and do they breed? Everybody says snails multiply like crazy but my apple snails havnt, and i have a few that are HUGE, they must have tripled in size since i bought them.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
they grow as big as there name..and yes they will breed just give them time...

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
all snails breed and have lots and lots of kids.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, a snail as big as an apple. How long does this take, and how long do snails live (in general assuming good water conditions, etc). Does anybody have a picture?

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
yeah come to think of it, i had a pair of moon snails for like a year in my 55 gallon tank and those sonsabitches never made a single baby...

one day tho, my interest in magnifying glasses under the bright sun was suddenly renewed, and since I couldnt find any other bugs, I pulled them both outta the tank and fried em. *POP* *CRACKLE* *CRACKLE* *POP*

·
Registered
711 Posts
i haven't had any snails in over 2 months and i just looked in my tank last night and there must be around 25-30 all over the place. i don't know what happened.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
LOL same thing happened to me! The egg sacks or whatever we in the filter and I saw them streamign out of the filter....ugh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.