Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will say nothing about the plot. Or the events. But I just got back.

My advice, watch it. Be forwarned as with most of mels movies it is graphic.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Oh i want to see that im glad u say its good.. ill have to check it out.! im glad mel got to make another movie.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Is it all sub-titled? I dont mind sub-titles but if it is I will wait for the dvd...I hate going to the theater to read..lol...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i usually turn subtitles on all movies... it helps me grasp the storyline more and get more involved into the movie :\ i guess im just a f*cking loser

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
I saw it with my wife last Saturday. It was okay but I didn't think it was anything spectacular. Worth seeing though. . .

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
I've read a LOT of bad reviews on this movie. And one lengthy article was questioning Gibson's mental stability and obsession with torture and human pain and suffering. It seems to form the crux of his movies now... I thought it looked quite cool, but honestly, I'm in no hurry to see it. I could easily wait for the DVD.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've read a LOT of bad reviews on this movie. And one lengthy article was questioning Gibson's mental stability and obsession with torture and human pain and suffering. It seems to form the crux of his movies now... I thought it looked quite cool, but honestly, I'm in no hurry to see it. I could easily wait for the DVD.
Most big rated R movies these days are pushing the gore envelope. I see gibsons movies altho have a good amount it is used in an approperate mannor and not over the top like movies like hostel and Saw and such.
the context the gore is used is accurate and is actually a solid part of the story not just for shock factor.

altho I do think it was a great movie I do think it could have easily used another hour of story. It ended too soon. And the story line had little to do with the end of the mayans as it was touted as. Thats my only complaint about the flick.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Most big rated R movies these days are pushing the gore envelope. I see gibsons movies altho have a good amount it is used in an approperate mannor and not over the top like movies like hostel and Saw and such.
the context the gore is used is accurate and is actually a solid part of the story not just for shock factor.

altho I do think it was a great movie I do think it could have easily used another hour of story. It ended too soon. And the story line had little to do with the end of the mayans as it was touted as. Thats my only complaint about the flick.
[/quote]

Your only complaint is that the movie failed to provide the story it said it was going to? And that it didn't properly fulfill the storyline that it did deliver?
That sounds like a huge issue to me.

The point on the excess gore in the Gibson movies is that it's being used to attract people. Long, drawn out scenes that could be done in a number of other ways are taking over the movie. It seems like a cheap ploy to attract people who wouldn't otherwise care to see a movie like this and in the end earn more profits.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The point on the excess gore in the Gibson movies is that it's being used to attract people. Long, drawn out scenes that could be done in a number of other ways are taking over the movie. It seems like a cheap ploy to attract people who wouldn't otherwise care to see a movie like this and in the end earn more profits.
You just described EVERY MOVIE made.
I think you just don't like Mel Gibson (probably because of the whole drunken Jew outburst thing) and are trying to downplay the movie because you don't want people supporting him. But that's just a theory..

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
You just described EVERY MOVIE made.
I think you just don't like Mel Gibson (probably because of the whole drunken Jew outburst thing) and are trying to downplay the movie because you don't want people supporting him. But that's just a theory..

[/quote]

And a pretty bad theory at that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts