Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading the kingsoftheaquarium.com profile on arowanas and how dracofish pets them, i thought i'd give it a try at every water change. it's pretty amazing. if i approach them slowly they let me run my hands against their side and they rub against my backhand. i can't do it with any of my others though.

anyone else fondle their fish?

·
Registered
220 Posts
my cousin has a 15-16" giant pink gourami that she had since it was about 2" and she pets it all the time. she can even get the beast to open its mouth on command. but when anyone else get near the tank it goes ballistic. go figure

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
tigger said:
my cousin has a 15-16" giant pink gourami that she had since it was about 2" and she pets it all the time. she can even get the beast to open its mouth on command. but when anyone else get near the tank it goes ballistic. go figure
[snapback]938843[/snapback]​
thats awesome!

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,533 Posts
tigger said:
[snapback]938843[/snapback]​
I would love to see vid of your cuz doing that. That fu&king sweet!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
my 11" red devil lets me pet him and hand feed him though the first few times he attacked me and went crazy

he just needs to realize though that my HAND is not the food : laugh :

he makes so much noise moving that flowerpot around all night also...

·
Registered
620 Posts
yeah my tiger oscar just before feeding sometimes he will let me do it and others he won't! not thinking about trying it with my P yet tho lol

·
Registered
737 Posts
i pet my fish all the time, my two 18" Pacus love getting pet. when im cleaning the tank they come right over to my hand wanting there bellies rubbed.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
My old redtail catfish seemed to like it when I petted him. I don't know if my snakeheads like it, but they just let me pet them also

·
Registered
338 Posts
i pet my 2 foot silver arow and my 18 inch clown knife and they seem to enjoyu it and it also helps them get used to you and all the movements

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
wouldnt petting your fish not be good for them, if you do it to much it could rub off their

slim coat wouldnt it??

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah freez, that's why i don't constantly touch them. but an occassional rub during a water change i'm sure won't hurt.

·
Registered
338 Posts
MR.FREEZ said:
wouldnt petting your fish not be good for them, if you do it to much it could rub off their

slim coat wouldnt it??
[snapback]942781[/snapback]​
There is this product made by TETRAAQUA called AquaSafe which enhances natural, protective slim coating of fish

and there is also this stuff to put in the water to
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/produc...id1=2207;pcid2=

·
Registered
120 Posts
That gouramis thing...we had a giant one 14" at the store i work at and he would let you do anything, you could put the pellets in his mouth and he would not bite...they are great fish.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my three smaller redbellys(about 2 inch) let me pet them and im trying to get them to feed out of my hand they feeds off of shish kabob sticks
but my pleco doent like any thing

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
hyphen said:
yeah freez, that's why i don't constantly touch them. but an occassional rub during a water change i'm sure won't hurt.
[snapback]943184[/snapback]​
Damn dude, are you petting your fahaka? A handler at the shedd aquarium had his finger bit off by a mbu puffer and those are the peaceful ones

1 - 20 of 24 Posts