Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It could possibly be either...or the combination of both. Also water & genes can also play a role in it as well. I've got nice bright yellow terns & deep purple ones (not in breeding mode).

It could be a temporary thing...wait it out a bit & see if their color is improved.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could possibly be either...or the combination of both. Also water & genes can also play a role in it as well. I've got nice bright yellow terns & deep purple ones (not in breeding mode).

It could be a temporary thing...wait it out a bit & see if their color is improved.
ok, just two days ago they were VERY red and have been for awhile. when i got them they had alittle red but after being with me they became RED. in the past two days it started to fade. (they lost one member in the tank since then, returned him due to a black unknown thing on his fin) could that cause stress?

·
Registered
415 Posts
have you not noticed that they lose their colour at night when its time for them to sleep or when you first turn the lightns on they are all silver??? Mine do that and they are perfectly fine so dont worry about it!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have you not noticed that they lose their colour at night when its time for them to sleep or when you first turn the lightns on they are all silver??? Mine do that and they are perfectly fine so dont worry about it!
yea but he had white spots, now they are all red again but one has a cloudy eye

this sucks anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
523 Posts
What do you mean "white spots"?

What are your water parameters? White spots, cloudy eye, sounds like something is off with your water.
white spots was on a fish i just got, never been with the other fish. he is now in my 10 gal tank that was a totally different problem. i have pictures on my other post about the white dots. the other post was for one of my fish in my big tank who just got a cloudy eye. i did a water change and put in salt.

this post was just because i got scared about lack of color but i turned on the other light and the color is normal

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like you got some pretty dirty water man, 1st your other fish, then white spots and cloudy eye eeeep.....post up your params asap for us to look at
they are totally different cases!!!!!!!!
the white dot fish was like that when i got him, he never touched the water in my big tank. and he is alone in a 10 gal hospital tank.

the only problem in my big tank is one fish just got a cloudy eye.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can we see some pics of the tanks and the distressed fish?
yes indeedy, for now this is the fish im treating for fungi with the white dots around his eye

the P with the cloudy eye now has a half cloudy eye, i changed 35% of the water (normally i just do 25% evey week) and treated with salt.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.