Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the largest one ive seen in person is mine 3.5". ive seen pics of 5 inchers, but who has one past 9 inches?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have an 8"...well...I really didn't actually measure him...but when I bought him...the seller told me that hez 8"...

Here are some PIX

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
8-9" is probally the max size in captivity. Getting any bigger means you have to have them in a big as tank and probally have bought them in a big size to start with.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Those are sweet! Mine is about 3.5 inches right now, I can't wait till mine gets as big as those. However, mine is a little badass, I can only imagine how sweet he will be at larger size!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah mines 3.5"

those big ones are awesome! imagine keeping a couple of those in the same tank. i think it could be done with lots of hiding spots. i think spilos are one of the best looking Ps besides piraya.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
BDKing57 said:
bob spilo was his most aggressive fish... Its definately the best big spilo i ever saw, who owns that one now?
he sold it...

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
BDKing57 said:
bob spilo was his most aggressive fish... Its definately the best big spilo i ever saw, who owns that one now?
it's dead

he had to shut off the power to do some rewiring in the kitchen and the filter was off, when he turned the power back on for whatever reason that filter never started back up.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
those are nice spilos.. wow.. i have 2 right now.. 1 thats bout 5" the other is bout 3" in the same tank... getting along great.. no fin nips either.. and ONE DAY.. they'll be MONSTER 12"s... everyone pray for that.. :smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts