Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I tried putting 3 2.5" Nattereri in a 125g tank with 3 Cariba (7"-8.5"), one 6.5" Ternetzi, and 2 Nattereri (7"-8.5")

Well it became apparent to me that it would fail becaue the moment I dropped them in (a well decorated tank) the Ternetzi had one in his mouth within 10 seconds. It manage to wiggle loose without much damage though. The next morning I was down to 2 left ( one that was in the tank hiding in a cave and the other escaped into my overflow box) with one missing in action. I do have a feeling this would have lasted longer if the Ternetzi wasnt in there, I have had problems introducing new fish with him ever since I bought him, he even though a Cariba that weighed more than twice of what he does was a feeder.

The two survivors went to my brother in laws who has a 5" Natt that is highly inbred and grows very slow. Well those two lasted a week at his house, but his piranha hasnt had tank mates since it was bought, so I didnt think it would work at all. He also feeds live feeders most of the time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts