Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two heaters break on me in the last month. The piranha's would just slam into it. The first was a glass heater I got with the tank. The second, was a much thicker glass. I don't know if they are trying to tell me its too hot, or there just nuts. I have a metal heater now, and they haven't hit it once. Anybody else ever lose heaters like this?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I havent lossed any YET (knock on wooden stand)
, but Iam gonna put in a Titanium heater real soon...Hearing that sound of the P's slam into a glass heater is pretty frightful I must say

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
MOVE TO EQUIPMENT FORUM.

they do sell heater protectors and lfs..

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
buy a plastic heater guard i have had one since one of my p's broke 2 in a month.
that was 4 years ago and i still have the replacement.
dixon

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Just get a submersible with at least rubber on the ends. Titanium is the way to go as long as you don't mind a silver shaft in your tank. I might move my heater to my sump.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
I had a 7" ternetzi smash an ebo jager...i was shocked to sh*t when i saw that happen. i am currently experimenting with the visitherm stealth heaters. so far so good. No more terns but caribe are approaching the same size.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah my 8" red belly did it to me. Then the next heater i got was a submersible with three suction cups on it so he cant slap against the tank.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My natts are constantly slamming into the heaters, but since they always hit them from the side, the suction cups just slide a bit and there is no damage to the heater.

I'm still waiting for the day when one of them turns around and runs into it face first, at which time I guess I'll learn my lesson.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My Ps smashed my ebo jagr. I was scared about electric shock but my Ps wern't convulsing so they were ok. I bought a titanium heater -- no more problems.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Mine used to scratch against them all the time but they never broke them, they have however broken like 3 thermometers so far.

What brand are they? I got a couple of ebo jagers like 4 months ago and they're very thick so I really doubt that a P could break one of these, unless it's a 14"+ monster P.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts