Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three p's in a 72gal...1 Red Belly, 1 Gold, and 1 Black (all are 5in. long), I have had them for around 7 months. They have always been together, but constantly fight, despite the fact that they are well fed.

Has anyone else had any experience with these 3 types interacting? Will i eventuallly come home to one less p?

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Most likely sooner or later. Come back to 1 fish. I'm suprised it lasted that long.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ron (fishpost) had told me not to put blacks in w/ anything else as they are a very solitary fish whereas the reds are schooling - thats why i didnt go w/ any blacks

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
you basicaly asnswered you own question as they are constantly fighting sooner or later one 3 will turn into 2 then 1
dixon

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They will eventually kill each other. You may end up with none if one is already dead and two are going at it and both bite each other apart.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Place in a couple dividers or get a few more tanks as that set up will probably not last at such a small size tank. Better odds occur if you have a larger tank like 1000 plus gallons but still in that tank the odds are tough.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
garybusey said:
Couldn't he keep the Gold one in with the red one? I want to do that! Can you?
You could try and it may work, but you have a much greater chance for failure. A risk I would not be willing to take.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hmmm, that sucks. I'm not by any means saying your wrong, but isn't their video on this site where they are mixed? Or am I crazy? I could have been a red, just in a odd light, I dunno.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
garybusey said:
Hmmm, that sucks. I'm not by any means saying your wrong, but isn't their video on this site where they are mixed? Or am I crazy? I could have been a red, just in a odd light, I dunno.
I said it may work, but the odds are so small that I would not try it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
garybusey said:
Couldn't he keep the Gold one in with the red one? I want to do that! Can you?
yes...my buddy has 1 gold with 3 reds...all about 6-7"...they've been together for about 2 years now.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
if you don't mind losing two fish adn money....i say do it..but as all recommand they will kill each other of..till there one fat one

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
People have done some weird combinations....but I bet 100 times that many have lost the fish. Your rolling the dice and taking a chance.....

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
If you've read past thread, most will state that adding a black with any other fish will never work. Honestly, take everyones advice and separate them before you do come home to 1 less fish!!
BTW: What are you referring to when you mean gold? Spilo or Piraya

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By "Gold" i mean spilo, sorry....

So will i have to separate the Red Belly from the Spilo also?

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
There your fish. I whould though.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
i would also to very very very very likely they will kill each other ur lucky theyve lasted this ling i kept 2 blacks together for almost 2 yrs b4 one killed the other and i ahve 1 black with 2 reds now but the rhom is 1" and the reds 2" when theyre juviniles its not as hard but i know soon ill have to upgrade

110 gallon 2rbp 2", 1 rhom 1"
55 gallon 7" rhom

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Hate to break it to ya man.. but the Spilo alone with the RB will most def be brutal. And putting your Spilo with the Rhom will haved the same results. Im surprised that you've kept them together for this long. YOu've been blessed. But honestly, your gonna need to separate them sooner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts