Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just hooked up my 46" bravia lcd and put the comcast box on it and all. It's got the HDMI wiring so it will play 1080, but the TV isn't recognizing it. I had to hook the comcast box to the tv through a normal cablewire and it was a choppy mofo on mtv and other channels. I gotta go to best buy tommorow unless anybody had some info.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I just hooked up my 46" bravia lcd and put the comcast box on it and all. It's got the HDMI wiring so it will play 1080, but the TV isn't recognizing it. I had to hook the comcast box to the tv through a normal cablewire and it was a choppy mofo on mtv and other channels. I gotta go to best buy tommorow unless anybody had some info.
this might work....hold the power button down on the comcast box for about 10 sec's.with everything hooked up as should be.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. didn't work. The second I unplugged the cablewire from the box, the tv went fuzzy....oh well, at least i get to play doom3 tonight.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
another thing, it's slow as a mofo(compared to normal cable) when channel surfing- is there anything I can do to speed that up? My dad is pissed about this.....bitch- angry about a new 46"1080tv because he's too old skool to use the guide.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Did you turn off all the power, not just on standby but completely no power at all to the tv and cable box. I know if I try to hook up a wire/cable to my tv when its on, it won't always pick it up. So I have to turn off my surge protector which turns off all my electronics, then I plug in what I need, and then I power on the surge protector, then the tv picks up the new device.

I was supposed to get two new hdmi cords yesterday but the damn plae sent me the wrong cable, sent me 1 HDMI to DVI cable instead of 2 HDMI cords. I'm like wtf, not even the right number of cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts