Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
What P would be good for a 125g. Single or a shoal. Also i want it to be aggresive an not jus hide like some piranha i have seen.
With a 125, i would go for a mix shoal of caribe, terns, pirayas!!. All piranhas act different individually, agressiveness depends on how hungry, adaptation to surroundings, and the piranha itself. But if you would like only one piranha, go for a diamond black rhom!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
a tank that size i would say 8-10 fish. filteration is the key in how many fish you can keep. if your filter can handle the waste produced by 8-10 fish then go for it. i would suggest if you have the cash any pygo other then reds OR a mixed group of all the pygo's.

single species you need to get a large rhom. 12 inches or bigger. agressiveness all depends on the individual fish but watching a 12 inch rhom eat will surely entertain you and any friends that see it in action.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
id say gor for 4 pygo :nod:
if he can only have 4 then basically you are saying you are overstocked having 3 in a 75 gallon........

imo 4 would be boring in a 6 footer.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
sorry dude if that tank is 6 feet long id 6-7 pygos sorry dan man :nod:
its no problem lol no need to be sorry just that you misunderstood the foot print of a 125 gallon. if its standard it is 6 long

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
yup...6,7 pygos...If you want aggressive....go all cariba

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
shoal if your not too experienced go with some reds first as agressiveness depends on the fish so you can get a means ass red shoal too

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
"Frequency" and "Volume of" water changes are the largest dictators of how many fish can be kept in a tank.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
"Frequency" and "Volume of" water changes are the largest dictators of how many fish can be kept in a tank.
But don't forget filtration, fish size, fish species, and size of tank. I could do 10 water changes a day and theres no way a 19 inch piraya could live in a 1 gallon tank.

With the `125 I would stay around 5-6 fish for now. When they get bigger, you'll see that you will need to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the info i really like pygos but i did see a real nice rhom the other day so im at a stale mate unless some nice pygos or reds come along. Once again thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts