Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
yeah I am a semi one I want to read all of the books they are fricken tight books they go by so fast and yet they are long. The new book just came out that's what all of the fuss is about the second is on video and I dunno much other news

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
the harry potter books are like the star war movies to readers..they are very long books ..the lastest is 786 pages ,but all books are easy to follow that everybody down to a second greader can understand.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My girlfriend loves them and wants me to read them....my question is why!?!?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Xenon said:
My girlfriend loves them and wants me to read them....my question is why!?!?
tell your g/f that you'll wait for the movie

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
they are so easy to get into and they are entertaining they are one of the best books you can read, you can see yourself in the hogwarts place and the characters are awesome it is kinda hard to explain just try to read one.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I don't understand the people that stood in line for 3 hours Friday night to get the book that they ordered months before....come on now, after standing in line for that long are you really going to go home at 1AM and read it? It will still be there when the place opens in the morning, you paid for it a long time ago, and all they did was make money on your money. And now you can buy it at places like Sam's Club for a buttload cheaper, do they really think that they are going to sell out of them. They aren't Beanie Babies or concert tickets, tehy'll make more.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Lahot said:
I don't understand the people that stood in line for 3 hours Friday night to get the book that they ordered months before....come on now, after standing in line for that long are you really going to go home at 1AM and read it? It will still be there when the place opens in the morning, you paid for it a long time ago, and all they did was make money on your money. And now you can buy it at places like Sam's Club for a buttload cheaper, do they really think that they are going to sell out of them. They aren't Beanie Babies or concert tickets, tehy'll make more.
lol no and a friend of mine stayed there till 2 am to get her copy and she could have bought it at work and got her discount lol whatever, but they are good books I have read one and I would like to read the rest when I find some time.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
pcrose said:
lol no and a friend of mine stayed there till 2 am to get her copy and she could have bought it at work and got her discount lol whatever, but they are good books I have read one and I would like to read the rest when I find some time.
I will admit I see kids who can recite the stuff that probably wouldn't read anything else if they had to, it's almost amazing.

The woman who writes them is also interesting in the fact that she was broke and on welfare when she was writing the first book and is now worth $500 mil, shows that any of us can make it big, we jsut need the next off the wall idea.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
I have yet to read the book and see the movie. I guess it all depends on your interests in things.

Since were on the topic though, the author of Harry Potter said yesterday that had she known she would have made soo much money off of all that she has done, that she would never have even started it. I think thats a bunch of BS...but she just claims she feels guilty for making soo much. Yet, on the side note shes on to making the next book

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
She wants you to think she is still in it for the fun of makin people happy with her work of the stories, a lot of money can change a person as well, it is nice to have all that money so you can be well off and have pretty much whatever you want if she didn't want all that money the prices wouldn't be so jacked up as well I do admit though I like the stories and the stories are better than the movies I have yet to see the second one but I do find them entertaining.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I like Harry Potter!! I like all those Fictional movies, but would not once p/u a book. I know your about to say that reading is a totally different experience from the movie alone, but nope...
not for me. YOu would def not see me in that HP line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.