Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the fish system at work is getting ripped out and doubled in size so my friends old walking catfish (approx 12") needs to come home with me. i will get given a drilled sump ready 4 ' tank most likely which should be ok for now right? any ways ive been reading up and "she" im pretty sure its a girl, is a pretty rad fish, what will i need to know other than that she might go walkies over the floor if the tank dont have a secure lid....

cheers guys!

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Nice pickup. Clarias cats are very cool. They can get up to 22"+ in aquaria and grow pretty quickly. Eat just about everything but be careful to not overfeed as they will completely gorge themselves. And as you alluded, they are great escape artists so be careful.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive heard she shouldnt get bigger than 16" even for a long time. so its just reaching 13" i think. is this ok for a while in a 4ftx15"x15" tank until i get a rio 400. should be ok with a large oscar right?

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Yep, no problem. They will slow down in their growth at a 1', so no worries about the tank. They really don't require much to thrive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts