Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating whether to buy a 4"-5" Ternetzi to add with my caribes and red bellies. I'm still a newbie here and I haven't found much info on its aggressiveness. Are Ternetzis like red bellies? Or are they just as aggressive as caribes?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
They aren't as aggressive as caribe during feeding. They are true gluttons! They are pretty mellow but they are kinda territorial. What is you setup? Tank size, what kind of fishl, size, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
I agree. You should be able to mix them, but don't let that ternetzi be too much larger. They will grow faster (if they get enough food), and may soon dwarf the RB's.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
My experience w/ Terns was bad. I would say never ever mix Caribe with Terns or Piraya. RBs are the only guys they can tolerate. A only Tern shoal is very nice! That is what i have right now. Pygos are pygos any way you look at them. It just depends on how you trian them so they will fit your likings.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Ternz are considered yellow Rbs to most. Only difference between the 2 is that Ternz have bigger appetites than reds, and not much different aggression. If your planning to mix with a pygo shoal (especially with your Caribas) you have to make sure they're much larger in size. They will mostly eat more and piss off the other Ps because of this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.