Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it will be made out of wood and have groves cut into the wood for the different levels to fit into for extra support.(I don't even know what thats called, need to watch more new yankee workshop
)

can anyone make something ike this around the east coast? how much should I expect to pay?

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
That looks pretty easy to build...too bad Im on the west coast...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
HAHA a chick can build it. LMAO just messin man. If your talking about the verticle supports having notches, I think they are called some kind of tennon. Or you could have them half lapping each other where they cross.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not very good at wood working, but I can make anything out of steel.

·
Registered
696 Posts
you are looking at a very easy job as long as you have dado blades for a table saw or a router to give you that tongue and grove effect you arewanting as shown in your second picture. I would suggest using wcres rather than nails as well as well as usinlg liquid nails for a back up as well. After it is all said in dine you are looking about 40-60 bucks lumber and all in the stand. As for the tongue and groove, groove them into the 2x4's and not the plywood as the ply wood wil not support that weight. Just make a shell out of 2x4's and then put plywood on the outside to make it look good. Any other questions IM me as I have helper rebuild many of houses and i build all my own tank stands so I know how support goes and all.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bcollins111900 said:
you are looking at a very easy job as long as you have dado blades for a table saw or a router to give you that tongue and grove effect you arewanting as shown in your second picture. I would suggest using wcres rather than nails as well as well as usinlg liquid nails for a back up as well. After it is all said in dine you are looking about 40-60 bucks lumber and all in the stand. As for the tongue and groove, groove them into the 2x4's and not the plywood as the ply wood wil not support that weight. Just make a shell out of 2x4's and then put plywood on the outside to make it look good. Any other questions IM me as I have helper rebuild many of houses and i build all my own tank stands so I know how support goes and all.
what the hell are u talking about ur confuseing me

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am letting nitro fish know the extent of how hard it is going to be to build this thing as it is not that hard to build. If i lived close to him yeah i would build it for him but I dont so you know.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I could build that as well and I am from the westside also,sorry

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so I should just make a 2x4 frame then add plywood shelves to it?

·
Registered
696 Posts
make a 2x4 frame and make sure the edges of the tanks, the black frame and all are actually sitting on the 2x4's on all 4 sides for maxium support and that way the tanks will be more level as well. Then you wont even need to put plywood shelves for the tanks to sit on if you are tight on cash but you can do it if you want to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.