Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any arowana fans here? I have a baby silver and thinking of a jardini. But would really like a asian red, but illegal in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I had a silver arro and jardini before I got into piranhas. My jardini grew to 20-21in before I sold it. I always wanted a school of arros but never managed to get a larger tank. An asian arro would be sick but can't seem to get enough money.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I like their looks, but since I only have (and want) one large tank, and piranha's are even cooler, it's not gonna happen

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I like, but I can't afford

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
only asia arrows are illegal and i think it cause they are endargered species?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
thePACK said:

Weird thing is that they are only illegal to sell/own in the US: in Canada and Europe, you can get them at any well-assorted lfs...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
thePACK said:
endargered species - I don't know how this relates to Arowanas, but I have an axolotl which is also considerd an endargered species but it is OK to keep them as pets as there are loads of them in captivity, it is only considerd an endargered species in its natural habitat, as it lives in only a few ponds and lakes in Mexico.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Asian Arowanas are illegal in the United States because they are in fact endangered species.. I don't think they should be though, since almost everyone has one of them in Asia... They are about $200-$500 US dollars in Asia.. and theyre like $500-$1500 here in the United States.. for more information, try asking questions on Aquatiq Terrors

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
unxchange said:
Flowerhorns are not illegal, Arowanas are illegal... the top Arowana can go way over the Flowerhorns price.. :smile:
hell yeah... the most expensive flowerhorns i've seen was $850 buck at a lps..and i seen people selling asian red for over two grand..big difference..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.